Wednesday 2 May 2012

Finally! Sewing Again!

I am sooooo happy to be sewing again! It's been close to 7 months since I left home and my studio... I have been taking a class at work  and I love it! I don't have a machine yet so I have to go to the store to sew before work... so I'm not getting as much done. Still, it's wonderful to be taking this class.
Jeannie Jenkins is a wonderful teacher. She's so patient and gentle and will always find a way to make something work. Learning a great deal from her. The ladies in the class are lovely too and we're having a great time together.

We're making this quilt and its really interesting to see what fabrics everyone has chosen. There's a wide range of colors and fabrics in the class and I'm sure the quilts will all look great once they're done.

Here are my blocks.

We had a whole bunch of Amy Butler's Midwest Modern and Daisy Chain fabrics and Erin McMorris' Weekends come in a couple of months ago at the store. I've used most of those fabrics. I love the colors... they are so happy and summery. Linking up to W.i.P. at Freshly Pieced!






WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. your quilt is looking great! I'm so glad you could find some sewing time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Allison. :) I feel like I can breathe again! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the fabrics you're using. They are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric is so pretty. It must feel so good to sew again. Lovely quilt, and I like the pieced squares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jeanette. :) It's going be quite pretty when it's done I think. :)

      Delete