Tuesday 1 May 2012

Mennonite Quilts

Every year on the last Friday and Saturday of May there is a huge sale in Ontario -  The New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale. It started in 1967 by individuals from Mennonite churches is southwestern-Ontario in response to the world-wide need for  "relief from hunger, poverty and natural disaster and for development and peace-building activities." Go to the New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale website for more.

Among other things there is an auction and sale of quilts. There were some samples at the show and they are exquisite! I hope someday I will be able to go to the sale until then...







 Loooooved this quilt!








4 comments:

  1. Wow Carol...I am envious you got the chance to see the exhibition :) If I were there maybe I would get panic attack :D ... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha :) I must say it is overwhelming. :) Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carol! the quilts are awesome... What a level of expertise! I hope to reach that level some day! You know what they say - Aim for the skies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are truly amazing... and yes... we must aim for the skies. :)

    ReplyDelete