Saturday 26 May 2012

Pieced the top!

Went in to the store today and pieced the top. This is the size the class is doing. It's 45" x 63" - a nice lap size quilt. I'm going to make it into a twin for my niece. She loves blue and I hope this is blue enough for her. I think I might add a border with blue fabric - something from the squares - so it looks a little more blue than it is now. What do you think?

45"X63" Lap Quilt
I love these fabrics. They are so bright and happy.
As I was piecing the top I felt so good just having the fabric on me... You know how you need to have the quilt top and quilt on your lap when you're sewing... isn't that such a great feeling. I had forgotten about that since I haven't sewn in 9 months.
Sigh... the simple pleasures of life! :)


And I love the Kona Snow for the back.
I want me one of these! So great to be working on a design wall. I can't thank Judy enough for letting me sew in the store. It's AMAZING!!!


2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is so beautiful and it makes me happy!
    I'm new on this blog, but I'll be back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You. :) I'm glad it does. It certainly makes me happy!

      Delete