Sunday 30 September 2012

Hand Quilting Class

I'm taking Jeannie's Beginner Quilt Making by Hand class. We started off last week. My hand sewing is not very good... well... I haven't done much of it so I guess I shouldn't keep saying that. I'm probably going back to the time I tried to piece by hand ... 4 years ago... with no templates and no instruction and ofcourse it was horrible. And I have been making the hexagons and they're not so bad so I really sould stop saying that! :)

Anyway... this the is fabric I'll be using. It's the Sonora Collection from Benartex. Love the colours. this neat package is from The Bargain Lover's Club. It's so neatly done that I didn't want to open it up! Great deal too.

We started off with a 16 patch. I made my first four blocks more as a trial. Will have to start working wiht the actual fabric now. I was always a little worried about scissor cutting but its not so bad once you make a template. I'm really glad I'm doing this class. It's a well designed class and by the end of it I would have worked on triangles, applique, tumbling blocks and a dresden plate! Yaay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment